Russian Salad by Kira
I used to be a lot of things before I became a photographer 🙂
What many of you might now know about me as I used to be a good cook before I became a photographer.
Actually I used to be a lot of things before I became a photographer 🙂
I cooked a lot and with a passion then I became a photographer and everything else had to stop LOL
Well, now and then I still get requests from my friends and clients to let them know some of my recipes after hearing the stories about my colourful past 🙂
One of the most requested ones is my Russian Salad or, if you prefer, Russian Salad, my way 🙂
Images of the most crucial ingredients will follow ( for Mayo and for pickles)
“Ok, here we go. Proportions of mayonnaise; pickles; salt; pepper; type of chicken or meat (if any) may vary, depending on my mood; time of day; availability of particular product; who is coming (I would consider if people are used to eat adventurously or not; age; eating habits and general health issues); if I like those guests :); if I want them to come back or if it is my “ex-mother-in-law”. Well – you get the drift. 🙂
1. To boil: potatoes (6-10), carrots (2-4) until soft. When cooled down – should be peeled and cut/slised as per traditional potato salad, only finer, smaller cubes.
2. 6-8 hard boiled eggs or up to your taste
3. Finely chop onions (4-6) Can be any sort of onions, depending on the sort you like.
4. Shallots – optional. I prefer to have them. If I do – the amount of onions decreases or gets eliminated completely.
5. Apple or two – optional. Introduced by me. I like to have them. 🙂
6. Chicken. Can be breast fillets – grilled (the healthiest option and preferred one by me at the moment 🙂 ); baked; fried; cooked at home or bought already-made at the shop. No skin. Unless you really, REALLY don’t like your guests. 🙂
6. Or boiled beef.
6. Or Berlina (like Devon, only better).
6. Or increase the amount of boiled eggs.
6. Or forget the meat and put … canned tuna…Proportions vary … as stated previously 🙂
7. Pickles – I prefer “Eskal Dill Pickles”, but it can vary, depending on your taste – chopped. Half or whole can or more…., depending …..as stated previously 🙂
8. Sometimes I put fresh cucumbers. Take it or leave it. It depends… as you already know… 🙂
9. Can of green peas
10. Whole Egg Mayonnaise – definitely, – definitely the amount of that Magic product will make it or break it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Add it carefully and taste, taste, taste while adding!!!!!!!!!!! Again – please, PLEASE, PLEASE remember WHO IS COMING to your party – DO YOU WANT THEM TO COME BACK?!?!?!
11. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
12. Dill to be put at the end for aroma. I love it. You don't have to 🙂
I hope I haven’t forgotten anything… oh well – Oh well – dementia might be taking its course already
Please let me know if you like this recipe, if you try it - please let me know how did you go with it and how did you family/friends react? 😉 And.... if you want more recipes in the future.
Love to all. Kira